This page contains the release notes for the Spyder Client for Windows 8.1. This living document will be updated along with each release of the application. Windows 8.1 store applications update automatically, and so you should generally always be running the latest version. To check the software version though, select the ‘Permissions’ link under the Windows settings charm while running the Spyder Client application.
Note that release dates typically reflect the date when the application was submitted to the Windows Store for certification and acceptance. It may take a few days for application updates to appear in the store.
Version 220.127.116.11 Released January 23, 2020
- Windows 10 native support
- Added compatibility for all versions of 5.x Spyder servers up to 5.4.0
- Updated application for latest Microsoft libraries
- Open tile views in new windows by right clicking tiles and selecting ‘Open in new window’
Version 18.104.22.168 Released December 15, 2015
- Implemented QFT file compression support.
- Thumbnail processor now runs multi-threaded (up to the count of processors on the client machine), resulting in generally improved performance when loading numerous images.
- Made many under-the-covers changes to the Spyder client library that powers the Spyder Client app.
- Fixed issue with pvw/pgm status for command keys not appearing correctly in some cases.
- Fixed library issue with data reloading causing refresh button in function key/command key screens to not work reliably the first time pressed.
- Fixed issue with command key and function key grids performing recall upon load when the click action was set to anything other than ‘none’.
Version 22.214.171.124 Released March 16, 2015
- Fixed app crash when using version 4.0.5 of Spyder server, due to change made to the Spyder server’s drawing data network packet format.
- Command bar now appears open by default when showing the main and live view pages.
- Fixed issue preventing demo server from recalling command keys to preview.
Version 126.96.36.199 Released November 24, 2014
- Improved UDP socket error recovery, fixing an issue where Spyder control could stop working until the app was restarted.
- Added caching for Spyder server configuration to reduce file transfer overhead when doing live control operations like transitioning layers.
Version 188.8.131.52 Released August 29, 2014
- Live view now shows layer IDs.
- Live view now shows layer shadows.
- Added layer freeze/un-freeze support to live view radial menu.
- Added layer crop support to live view radial menu.
- Themed radial menu and progress bar in live view to use blue coloring.
- Added ability to hide thumbnails on command key buttons.
- Changed loading scheme for command key window for progressive display (experimental)
- Added option to disable screen saver while app is running (under settings charm)
- Disabled the live view’s ‘Show Content’ button when viewing demo server.
Version 184.108.40.206 Released June 8, 2014
- Added app bar option to command keys page to allow recalling preview cue upon clicking a command key.
- Added support for showing server names instead of IP addresses (supported starting in Spyder version 4.0.4). Can ben enabled/disabled from application settings charm.
- Disabled .Net Native compilation introduced in last update.
Version 220.127.116.11 Released April 23, 2014
- Added app bar option to command keys page to show more compact list (more keys).
- Added app bar option to command keys page to run program upon key selection.
- Added app bar option to function keys page to show more compact list (more keys).
- Added app bar option to function keys page to execute function upon key selection.
- Added more meaningful icons on the radial context menus in the live view.
- Fixed issue discovered where command keys could be displayed multiple times.
- Implemented .NET Native compilation for x64 and ARM (Surface RT) systems for increased performance (experimental).
- Update app store listing to make application available in all markets.
Version 18.104.22.168 Released April 4, 2014
1. Added a ‘Feedback’ link to the settings charm to allow users to provide direct app feedback.
2. Changed smaller app icons to white color.
Version 22.214.171.124 Released March 23, 2014
- Added layer touch interaction for resizing (pinch) and move (drag).
- Added source/still/treatment content panel to top of live view, supporting drag drop to PixelSpaces and layers.
- Added ability to delete command keys from the command keys page app bar.
- Added ability to learn command keys from the live view page.
- Added ability to load background images/colors to PixelSpaces from the live view page.
- Added ability to set background transition time, in seconds, from the live view page.
- Live view page now shows Spyder data IO transfer progress bar and messages along the top of the page.
- Added a ‘Remove All Layers’ button to the live view page.
- File transfer client now automatically closes connection to Spyder servers after 15 seconds of inactivity.
- Added a local and remote log viewer, accessible from the settings charm under ‘Diagnostics’, or as a link in the System Info view page.
- Main page now shows severity level indicators for user diagnostic status and the server trace log, to the left of the server address.
Version 126.96.36.199 Released February 9, 2014
- Added support for Spyder Version 2.10.8
- Added support for Spyder Version 4.0.3
- Added area of interest (crop/zoom) support to live and command key views.
- Server settings area is now hidden when loading from the server fails, displaying a generic ‘failed to load’ message.
Version 188.8.131.52 Released February 3, 2014
- Fixed a few app crashes discovered in testing.
- PixelSpaces with no backgrounds defined were being displayed with the default source background instead of black.
- Added mix background button to the live view’s bottom application bar.
Version 184.108.40.206 Released January 29, 2014
- Now showing the server IP address under each page name.
- Added ability to open any of the views from the main page within it’s own new window. Right-click or swipe select an item on the main page, and click the ‘Open Window’ button on the app bar.
- Updated splash screen logo.
- Miscellaneous fixes for minor issues discovered by new unit tests for the software libraries.
- Now showing a generic source icon when a layer does not have an associated thumbnail.
- Layers are not being clipped to their containing PixelSpace in the live and command key views.
- Added logic to thumbnail images within the live view and command key thumbnails to get an appropriate scaled source image based on their render size on screen. Should decrease memory footprint and increase performance.
Version 220.127.116.11 Released January 21, 2014
- Added system information page, accessible by clicking the server address on the main page.
- Added ‘Application Insights’ plug-in to the application, to help collect application usage information (experimental).
Version 18.104.22.168 Released January 13, 2014
- Added still viewer support for Spyder .Shape files.
- Added Windows OS file association with .shape files, allowing the Spyder Client to be a native viewer.
- Changed sizes of command key, function key, and still buttons to fit more items on screen, as well as on systems configured for ‘larger’ UI.
- Changed ‘Stills’ group name to ‘Register List Stills’ in still viewer.
- Added semantic zoom (pinch zoom) support to command key and function key pages.
- Fixed function keys page crash when a ‘Offset Layer Position’ key existed with only an H or V offset configured.
- Removed duplicate name display for function key buttons.
- PVW/PGM tally not tracking correctly for demo server on command keys page.
Version 22.214.171.124 Released January 1, 2014
- Improved thumbnail loading performance by locally caching scaled images.
- Added ‘Release Notes’ link to settings.
- Function keys defined with relative layers/devices now appear disabled in the Spyder client.Support for layer/device selection will be introduced in a future release.
- Input array, mixer, and off element support has been added to command key thumbnails.
- Still element aspect ratio was incorrect in command key thumbnails in some scenarios.
- Fixed application crash that could occur when trying to load a corrupted image file
Released December 27, 2013
- [*] Initial Release of the application